Tips to Make Your Online Red Kettle Successful
Follow the quick and easy steps below to help make your Online Red Kettle a success.
Online Red Kettle Timeline
October 21 – November 1: Getting Started
- Sign up for Online Red Kettle at www.onlineredkettle.org
- Write a personal story and tell people why you support The Salvation Army
- Upload photos or videos that represents you and your kettle
November 1 – January 31: Tell Everyone about your Online Red Kettle
- Ask your family, friends, co-workers, youth programs, little leagues, after school centers, local businesses (retail stores, auto mechanic, barber shops, beauty salons, local grocers, dentists) to donate to your kettle
- Add your personal kettle web address on emails, text messages, personal or business websites, professional networks, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, flyers, holiday events, etc.
- Download a sample image or message to use for Facebook, Twitter, or email
- “Like” or “share” a Salvation Army holiday video on your personal YouTube Channel.
January 20 – 31: Follow Up for More
- Follow up with your family, friends, and co-workers to donate again before the end of the campaign.
- Send a nice thank you note to your donors.
- Download a sample image or message to use for Facebook, Twitter, or email;
- “Favorite” or “share” a Salvation Army holiday video on your personal YouTube Channel.