We’re here to help answer your questions and provide guidance on making your kettle a success. A list of frequently asked questions are answered below.
If you still need help, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
[learn_more caption=”What is the Online Red Kettle Campaign?”]
The Salvation Army Red Kettles have been an American tradition since 1891, helping raise financial support for critical Salvation Army programs and services year round. This campaign allows you to host your own Red Kettle – online. Over the years, the Red Kettle Campaign has grown into one of the most recognizable and important charitable campaigns in the United States – providing toys for kids, coats for the homeless, food for the hungry and countless social service programs year-round. You become a vital part of our Christmas efforts when you help those in need by hosting an Online Red Kettle and filling it with donations from family, friends and colleagues.
[learn_more caption=”How do you get started?”]
- Visit the Online Red Kettle website.
- Register yourself, your group or business by completing the registration information.
- Begin spreading the word by sending emails to friends, families, colleagues or team members; or add to Facebook, Twitter or your blog.
[learn_more caption=”What are the benefits of participating in the Online Red Kettle Campaign?”]
- You can start a time honored tradition of helping others.
- Setting up your own Online Red Kettle only takes a couple of minutes.
- You can ask others to fill your Online Red Kettle all from the comfort of your home or business.
- You are helping The Salvation Army help those in need.
[learn_more caption=”What types of Online Red Kettles are being offered?”]
- Personal Kettles – Host your own Online Red Kettle by customizing your own Red Kettle page. Then invite others via e-mail or social networks to fill your Kettle with secure online donations.
- Team Kettles – Families, friends, civic groups, church groups, local businesses and schools,, and other organizations can host an online Team Kettle. A Team Kettle also allows individual team members to host their own Personal Kettles, contributing to the team’s fundraising goals and tally on an individual basis.
- Company Kettles – Any company can host an online Company Kettle in a co-branded environment with The Salvation Army. The amount of money collected in your Kettle will be reflected on your Company Kettle page, in real time. A link to your online Company Kettle will automatically be provided. This link can then be included on a company Internet/intranet site or e-mail blast to employees, vendors, customers, etc. To get assistance, please contact our Corporate Relations Department by calling 773-205-3537.
[learn_more caption=”Is there a registration fee to get started?”]
No. We are truly grateful for those who decide to host their own Online Red Kettle and raise funds on our behalf.
[learn_more caption=”Are tax receipts provided for Online Red Kettle donations?”]
Yes. Everyone who donates online to an Online Red Kettle will receive an email acknowledgement to the address that was provided at the time the donation was made. You can print the email to use for tax purposes.
[learn_more caption=”Where will your donations go and who will it help?”]
Gifts to your red kettle will support The Salvation Army in your local community, which is selected based on the zip code you enter when you register. If you wish to raise money for a different community, simply access your Profile under “My Account” and select a different city and state through the dropdown menu at the bottom of the page.
All donations given through the Online Red Kettle campaign will be:
- Processed on The Salvation Army’s secure servers. The Salvation Army does not share, sell, or rent donor data to anyone.
- Allocated based on the donor’s designation either to benefit the geographic area where the donor resides, to the geographic area of the Kettle host, or to an area or ministry of The Salvation Army specified by the donor for their gift’s use.
- Used to support The Salvation Army’s work to help the less fortunate in communities across America, at Christmastime and throughout the year.
[learn_more caption=”How do I make a donation?”]
To make a donation, search for an Online Red Kettle that you would like to make a donation towards in the Chicago Metropolitan Division.