The Salvation Army developed the PROMISE model (Partnership to Rescue our Minors from Sexual Exploitation) to combat the sexual trafficking of children. In January of 2005, the PROMISE model was launched in Chicago. This model includes the formation of a task force which engages in initiatives that address the four main provisions of PROMISE: Awareness, Prevention, Intervention, and Service Delivery. To insure a holistic approach, specific strategies for implementing these provisions are developed by PROMISE members who represent the social service, education, legal, judicial, healthcare, law enforcement and other sectors of our community.
The PROMISE program is part of The Salvation Army Metropolitan Division.
CSEC in our Community
Watch the video below to learn what PROMISE is doing to combat the Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Children.
Human Trafficking and CSEC Trainings
Make sure to regularly check our Events page for the latest updates on upcoming trainings. If you are interested in bringing PROMISE to train for your organization or group, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To date, PROMISE is comprised of thirty-one governmental and non-governmental organizations, all of which support The Salvation Army model.
- The Salvation Army
- Buy Art Not People
- Chicago Alliance Against Sexual Exploitation
- Chicago Coalition for the Homeless
- Chicago Children’s Advocacy Center
- Chicago Police Department
- Children’s Memorial Hospital
- Christian Community Health Center
- The Circuit Court of Cook County, Juvenile Justice Division
- The Circuit Court of Cook County, Child Protection Division
- Communities in Schools of Chicago
- Cook County Sheriff, Youth Services Department
- Cook County Sheriff’s Police Department
- Department of Homeland Security
- Dominican University
- The Dreamcatcher Foundation
- Illinois Criminal Justice Information Authority
- Illinois Department of Human Services
- Illinois Department of Children & Family Services
- Jane Addams College of Social Work, University of Illinois at Chicago
- Law Offices of Salvador A. Cicero
- Lutheran Child & Family Services
- Office of the Illinois Attorney General
- State’s Attorney of Cook County
- Traffick Free
- UCAN – Teen Parenting Service Network (TPSN)
- U.S. Department of Justice/Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Victorian Rose Garden Bed & Breakfast
- West Suburban Medical Center
- YWCA Rise