Operation: Piano Player and Operation: Guitar Player
Operation: Piano Player and Operation: Guitar Player are divisional subsidies for private piano or guitar lessons.
Through this program, the divisional headquarters will pay 1/3 of the cost of pre-approved guitar lessons for any junior or senior soldier from a Corps within the Metropolitan Division. The Corps will contribute an additional 1/3 of the cost, leaving 1/3 for the student. Subsidies will be given for up to thirteen weeks, and a renewal application must be completed before the subsidy is extended. Corps Officers should work to identify potential candidates for the program.
Guidelines for the Program
1. The applicant must be an active Junior or Senior soldier in good standing and must be at least 8 years old. Exceptions to the age limit require the endorsement of the private instructor and the Director of Music & Gospel Arts.
2. The applicant must be actively involved in the Corps and must be willing to use this instruction to benefit the Corps. If the student is unwilling to serve in the Corps after lessons have been taken, the full cost for the lessons must be repaid by the student.
3. The applicant must have a guitar or piano for daily practice.
4. The completed application must be endorsed by the Corps Officer then submitted to the Director of Music & Gospel Arts and Divisional Secretary for Program for signature. Parental permission must be secured for those students under age 18.
5. No consideration will be given to funding lessons already taken.
6. Lessons can be funded for up to three months at a time. Quarterly renewal applications for continuing lessons must be accompanied by a written evaluation from the instructor at least one month before expiration. You must renew the application every quarter in order to receive new funding.
7. A completed application must be submitted before the lessons begin to the Divisional Finance Board through the Divisional Music Director. Once approved, the divisional headquarters portion of the subsidy will be sent to the corps which will then provide a check for 2/3 of the total cost of lessons to the applicant. The applicant is then solely responsible for providing full payment to the piano instructor.
Click here for the Operation Piano Player Forms.
Click here for the Operation Guitar Player Forms.