The Salvation Army of McHenry County provides emergency assistance to individuals and families who find themselves without the basic necessities for survival. Assistance can include but is not limited to: emergency shelter, rent assistance w/eviction notice, utility bill assistance w/disconnect notice, medical prescriptions assistance, clothing and winter coat vouchers, emergency food. Each individual will have a personal interview to determine true need, the best method to meet that need and offer life skills guidance to prevent further occurrence of the emergency situation. Referrals are made to other human services agencies when appropriate.
The Corps Community Center is not limited to emergency assistance; we offer educational and recreational programs for children, senior meal delivery and dining program, character building for youth, summer camp, fellowship; a place to worship and much more.
• We serve residents of McHenry County from this location.
• Eligibility Requirements: Aid from The Salvation Army is given when need is apparent without discrimination.
• Clients most frequently served are those at or below 200% of poverty level.
• Each case is decided on an individual basis.
• Spanish Interpreter available upon request