The Social Service Ministry provides a compassionate and realistic response to families and individuals in crisis.
Persons applying are asked to bring the following:
– Photo ID (for all adults 18 & over in the household / Birth Certificates for children under the age of 18)
– Social Security numbers for each family member,
– Proof of household income (2 Months of pay stubs, unemployment, disability, social security, pension or child support)
– Proof of address (current rent / lease agreement or mortgage)
– Persons must be residents of Will County.
Each head of household must complete and sign and intake form. During the one-on-one interview with the social services ministry coordinator, solutions to the underlying cause of the crisis are addressed. It is our goal to achieve long term solutions to problems in order to enhance family stability.
Through the cooperation and support of additional agencies throughout Will Community, emergency needs are met through the following programs:
The Joliet Corps Community & Worship Center is a member of the Northern Illinois Food bank.
– Identification (driver’s license/picture ID; the only exception is if the client is undocumented)
– Proof of current address (light, gas, water bill or lease agreement)
– Proof of current income (if employed)
– Proof of family size (SS card, medical card, birth certificates for each family member)