The Salvation Army is an Evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. The Salvation Army Chicago Harbor Light Center welcomes all who would like to attend our worship services and church activities. We especially encourage our clients to invite their families to join them for our Sunday morning worship services.
- 9:30 a.m. – Bible Study
- 10:30 a.m. - Morning Worship Service, Gospel-style music led by the Harbor Light Choir, testimonies, and message based on the Bible
- 1:30 p.m. – Discipleship Classes
Below is a listing of current ministries we hold at The Salvation Army Chicago Harbor Light Corps Community Center:
- Women’s Ministries
- Men’s Fellowship
- Corps Cadets for youth ages 12 to18
- Junior Soldiers for youth 6 to 14
- Harbor Light Angels, a youth hip hop dance team
- Mini Angels, a dance troop for children 2 to 6
- Bible Study
- Family Events
- Recovery Meetings
- Outreach Activities
Each month, Harbor Light sponsors an outreach activity for the families of those in our treatment program, and for our community members. These events include a pig roast and luau, fiesta, Mother’s Day brunch, Father’s Day picnic, family movie nights, carnivals, puppet theater, sobriety celebrations and game nights.
League of Mercy/Community Care Ministry
The Harbor Light Corps visits Stroger Hospital, Jesse Brown Veterans Hospital, Hines Veterans Hospital and five long-term care facilities at Christmas and Easter. In addition, each month, volunteers visit Hines VA and one long-term care facility to provide needed hygiene items, prayer and fellowship.