STOP-IT Initiative Against Human Trafficking
We exist to aid in the elimination of human trafficking by educating the community and to provide comprehensive services to trafficked persons.
- Provide outreach, support, and planning to victims of trafficking to assist in safe exit from their captive situation.
- Offer education and training to community leaders and social serviceproviders regarding the issues of human trafficking and what can be done in response.
Our 24 hour toll free hotline is: 877-606-3158.
For more information, check out STOP-IT’s Website…
Interested in VOLUNTEERING? – Volunteer opportunities include staffing the 24 hour hotline, becoming a trafficking trainer or hosting a training for your community, chaperoning the drop-in center, cooking meals for the drop-in center, amongst other things. Click here for more info.
OUR FUNDRAISING NEEDS
- 20 gifts of $500, which provides pre-paid cell phone service for any victim for one year, child care for a victim to attend necessary meetings or groceries for three months.
- 8 gifts of $5,000, which provides 90 hours of legal services for foreign labor trafficking victims.
- 4 gifts of $10,000, which covers 4 months of emergency expense for all our current clients; food, clothing, toiletrees and shelter.
- 1 gift of $50,000 to cover the cost of one worker to provide intensive case management services to approximately 40 victims over the course of a year.
Checks can be sent to The Salvation Army STOP-IT Program, 4800 N. Marine Drive, Chicago IL 60640.