The CAC is celebrating its 5th Anniversary! To mark this happy occasion, we’re rolling out a season of events, brand new leadership, and fabulous t-shirts!
You may be asking yourself, “How do I start celebrating with you guys? And will there be cake?”: The answers are:
1. Visit our Events Page! Our 1st Event is a Networking Breakfast on October 2nd featuring Tracy Samantha Schmidt, Director of Social Media Strategy at Crain Communications.
2. Check out the new Executive Council; we would love to hear from you if you have ideas for the CAC!
3. Sign-Up for Emails to be notified of CAC events. You also have the option to sign up for the CAC newsletter.
4. Consider becoming a CAC Member. For more information, fill out the Contact Us form.
5. Hopefully, there will be cake. I personally think cake is important.
CAC members and friends spent the afternoon of December 14 at the Temple Corps Community Center in the West Loop, helping to organize Angel Tree Christmas gifts for wrapping and distribution to Chicago children in need. We enjoyed reading the Christmas lists of many children and picking from the generous supply of donated toys and clothes to make their Christmas wishes a reality.
CAC members and friends spent December 6 and 7 at various spots in downtown Chicago, taking shifts to ring the bell to raise funds for the Salvation Army’s Red Kettle Campaign. Despite the frigid weather, we had a strong turnout and a great time helping the organization during its most important fundraising season of the year. Our 24 Hour Kettle raised approximately $800. Members also hosted Online Red Kettles during the season, raising an additional $1,280 to support the vital social service programs of the Salvation Army.